Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Last Few Days

We've had an interesting couple of days. I haven't blogged because if I had any time, I was trying to sleep.

Alex is doing great. He hasn't had any pain medicine for the past day or so. He hates the Motrin that we give him and he is not in any pain. He's gotten to the point where he's feeling well enough to realize that he's not feeling well. :) He HATES the arm restraints, he wants to get down on the floor and roll and crawl around, and he really wants to sleep on his tummy. Because of this, sleeping has been very interesting. He does sleep some in the swing, but usually has to sleep in our laps. This has made for some very long nights. The good news is that he doesn't seem to be in pain, or upset as he's been very happy. (right now, he is in the exersaucer laughing and laughing and laughing)

Here are some pictures from the last few days.

Thursday:

You will see that he's still pretty swollen. We had has clothes off to give him a chance to dry off. He is drooling more then usual.




Friday:

The sides of his lips were looking better, but that middle part was still very swollen. He also had quite a bit of blood and snot built up in his nostrils.




Saturday:
He was starting to get better - less swelling - and he was smiling and laughing much more.






Sunday:
Today was much better. We were able to get a lot of the dried blood off of him and he played a lot today.





Jay takes him back to the surgeon tomorrow to get his stitches taken out. I can't wait to see what he looks like with that done.

5 comments:

Krystal said...

Wow, wow, wow - it is amazing how fast babies can heal :) I am so glad that Alex is feeling good, and I am so excited to see what he looks like without the stitches. I'll bet that you are all excited to be able to let him sleep on his tummy!!!! That last picture is the best - love that smile :)

Laurie said...

Wow! He looks 1000 times better Sunday. I hope you all are sleeping better.

Sarah said...

Look at that precious smile! He is looking incredible!! His scarring looks so much better than Sophie's on her cheek... you are doing an awesome job!

Can't wait to see what he looks like tomorrow with his stitches out!

Soltana said...

WOW he looks great!!!

I can't wait to see pics of him when he's all better:)

Give them both hugs from me

Becca said...

Wow - he looks like he is getting better and better by the day. What a sweet precious face.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca