Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alex is out of surgery and doing well

This is Sarah guest blogging for Kim, who has her arms full with a beautiful little sleepy boy.

Surgery was only a couple hours long this morning and Baby Alex was put in Kim's arms in recovery around 9:30, where he has been resting for most of the day. Jody and Kim's pastor were with her in the waiting room during the surgery and went back with her to recovery to see Baby Alex after he came out. Kim says the hospital staff has been wonderful!

Dr. Moore says everything looks good and that they may even be able to discharge Baby Alex today if he can continue to eat well. Kim says that they are feeding him Pedialyte and some formula through a special syringe so that he does not have to suck with his now repaired lip. They will know more tonight when Dr. Moore checks on them if they will be able to come home today or tomorrow. He seems to be resting comfortably in Kim's arms and she says it is amazing to see the beautiful work they did on his lip.

Jody and Kim have taken pictures and some video and hope to be able to post some pictures later today if Baby Alex let's Kim put him down. For now, it sounds like he is right where he needs to be... in Kim's loving arms.

I am sure Gloria and Manuel will be happy to hear that their baby boy is doing so well!

On another note... Happy Anniversary Kim & Jay!!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Thank you Lord! GREAT NEWS!

Thank you for updating Sarah - I've been thinking of Alex all morning!

Becca said...

What an answered prayer! I am so glad to hear that baby Alex is doing well. I pray peace be with his parents. Kim - you are doing such a terrific thing!!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Farrah said...

What wonderful news..I can't wait to see updated pics of beautiful boy alex..I'm so happy it all went well!!!

Soltana said...

YYIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE I'm so glad he's doing well.

I can't wait to see the pics.. I bet he's even more handsomer..yeah I know it's not a word:)

HUGS from us

Laurie said...

How awesome. I have tears in my eyes for such a wonderful blessing. I hope Gloria and Manuel make it to Sharon's to see this update soon. I can't imagine sending my baby to the US for surgery. What wonderful strong parents!

Vanessa said...

Praise God for His hands of mercy on baby Alex as he was in surgery! I'm so relieved that he's doing well and i can't wait to see how his recovery progresses!! Kim you're doing a great job with Baby Alex!! You're truly a blessing to him and his parents!!
HUGS