Friday, May 23, 2008

We Have a Date!!!

I took Alex back to the pediatrician today to look at his rash. It was gone this morning (except for the patch on his elbow) but I took pictures of it yesterday and took the pictures in.

The doctor thinks the rash on his elbow is actually eczema. I have a prescription for a cream to put on it. It doesn't seem to be bothering him.

We aren't sure if the rash on his tummy and back was a reaction to the antibiotic or a virus rash. His ears are clear, so we are stopping the antibiotic. At this point, we are going to say that he has an allergy to penicillin. If you ever have to give him penicillin in the future, you will want to keep a close eye on him to see if he develops a rash again.

We also heard from the surgeon today. Surgery is scheduled for June 5th. If everything goes well, he heals fine from the surgery, and we can find a way for him to get back, he may be home by the end of July!!

Here are some pictures from today.



He's really getting good at holding himself up on his belly.





I promise that my Alex didn't poke him in the eye!!


Here's a video of Alex rolling around. I hope the sound is ok - my computer sound isn't working so I can't test it!!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

So sweet! I love his sweet coos! Awesome news on the surgery!! That is coming up soon!! Wow! What a healthy, happy little guy!

Kelli said...

So glad that things are going well adn that his surgery is scheduled. I used to work at UNC and they have an amazing clinic for cleft lips and palates. It is amazing to see how they look after the surgery. Alex is such a cutie and oh so happy!!!

JuJu - said...

That last picture and the video are toooooooooo cute;):)

Alleen said...

Awesome that he has a surgery date!!

I have the same allergy to penicillin....