Friday, May 16, 2008

Arrival in Cincinnati

Sarah and I had an adventure getting to the airport. The weather was not cooperating, and it was raining pretty hard. We had just arrived at baggage claim.


When Michael and Krystal showed up with Alex!

Krystal said he didn't like the first flight very much, but did well on the second flight.



As you can see, he was drooling everywhere! Poor guy! I'm guessing that this bracelet has a M on it for his dad, Manuel.



Then I got my hands on him. He was so calm. He was smiling and flirting with all of us.
This picture cracks me up - isn't that a great look!


We then went into the restroom to change his diaper and get him into clean warm pajamas.

We made a bottle and headed out to the car. He went into the car seat without a problem. Sarah sat in the back with him and gave him his bottle. He took about 4 ounces and then fell asleep. He basically sleep the whole way home.

We made it to my house at around 1:30 in the morning. I kept Alex in his car seat because I was afraid I would wake him. He slept like that until about 3:45 when he started coughing. I moved him into the Pack 'N Play and he slept until 7:30 this morning.

He did really good on the trip home and last night.

Gloria and Manuel - You guys have an amazing little man. He has the greatest smile and such a calm little spirit.

10 comments:

Christina said...

He is absolutely precious. I hope he has a smooth transition while he's in your care.

Sarah said...

Kim... it was so wonderful to travel with you to pick that little man up! And, I loved giving him his bottle and having him hold my finger in the car... what an absolute angel! Glad he got some good sleep!

Gloria and Manuel have to feel so good knowing he is being loved and cared for by his Madrina Kim... you were glowing with him in your arms...

Can't wait to hear how big Alex is doing with him too!

Kerry said...

Oy, I'm crying.

What a beautiful little boy. Thank you for being his angel. I can't imagine what love it took for his Momma to let him go like that. Don't know that I'm that strong. Well, unless I knew he was going to you...maybe then...

Krystal said...

Oh, my little buddy looks so cozy in those pajamas :) I am so glad to hear that you made it home safely and that Alex sleep so well! He is such a little angel!!!

Soltana said...

What a cutie!!! Im so glad he made it ok.

I can't wait to see pics of him with Alex

PS Love your hair cut:)

Kelly said...

Such a sweet story, he is an amazing child to take to you so quickly. He must know 'love' when he sees/feels it

Cheryl said...

Kim,

The look on your face says it all. May God bless you for your amazing heart. Alex is precious and in such good hands! I'm praying for you all.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

He looks so happy. He is such a precious little one. His parents have to be at peace seeing him in your arms.

Nikki said...

He is adorable!! I can't wait to read more :)

Becca said...

Kim,

He is precious! I am so happy that you're sharing this with us!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca