I'm actually at Sharon's right now, so I'm typing this on a real computer!! :)
We went to Tierra Linda today with Alex's parents to take him back home. I will blog much more about my trip (with pictures) and my thoughts when I get back home.
I think this has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Alex's family is so happy to have them back - they are lovely people who love him VERY much. It's all been a little overwhelming.
I'm here for a little yet tomorrow and then head back to the city where I will spend the night before flying out on Sunday.
I'll eventually be blogging specifically about Alex on this blog, and the rest of my trip on my family blog. www.questforalex.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm praying for you, Kim.
((((Hugs to you!!))))
I have been thinking of you ALL day! I am sure it was a very emotional day but am happy to hear that Alex is with his mami and papi and that they love him so much!! I hope the Pack N Play worked for them!!
sending you hugs sis
Can't imagine the emotions involved in giving him back.
Praying for you!!!
I'm sure your emotions are all over right now. Big long distance hugs from FL.
Oh, Kim, my heart aches for you. I have been dreading this day since you began this incredible journey. Please know that you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Have a safe trip home; you are truly an amazing human being!
Much love,
Cheryl
You are my hero!! I just pray his transition back to his home and family will be and easy one for him. I also pray that your heart will leave Guatemala KNOWING what a wonderful thing you and your husband (and your Alex) have done for this baby boy and his family. May God bless you and keep you and baby Alex too!
hugs to you as you leave him to enjoy the rest of his life! This is such a blessing!
Betsy
Kim, I know this was very difficult for you. I will be praying for you.
Robyn
Post a Comment